FAQ Oregon Tenant Attorney

Frequently Asked Questions
Portland Oregon Tenant Attorney

What should I do if the landlord has not made necessary repairs to my rental unit? Put a polite, factual request in writing. Sign and date your letter. Mail it via first class mail with proof of mailing from the post office and preserve documentation of the letter and proof of mailing.  Proof of mailing is not the same as certified mailing and is less expensive.  It doesn’t hurt to also send an email to your landlord of the same communication that was mailed.

What is the statue of limitations for cases involving landlord / tenant issues?

The statute of limitations for tenants wishing to bring a cause of action against a landlord is one year after the occurrence of the incident which gave rise to the need for a lawsuit under ORS 12.125.

What if my land lord does not return my deposit?

See Deposit Return

What are your rates?  See Rates

Disclaimer: Any legal information on this site is not necessarily updated in a timely manner; neither is it a substitute for a legal analysis in relation to your case. I do not represent you and I am not your lawyer unless we have a written fee agreement. If you believe that you need legal advice or have a case, please call (503) 238-1010.

Comments are closed