Rates of Oregon Tenant Lawyer / Attorney
- Initial Consultation $200.00/hour.
- Normal Hourly Rate: $300.00/hour
- Prepaid rate: $250.00/hour
Some issues can be resolved with a one hour with a consultation and possibly a letter. After your initial $200.00 consultation, we offer customized fee agreements:
- Prepaid hourly rates
- A reduced hourly rate or flat fee with the right to recover full hourly rates from the opposing party with the goal of Client reimbursement for any prepaid attorney fees.
- Contingency fee agreement where Attorney accepts a percentage of the settlement
- Note: Contingency fees may be offset by attorney fees awarded or negotiated as part of settlement. If attorney fees awarded or negotiated exceed the contingency fee percentage, Client will pay no contingency fee percentage and Attorney shall receive the full attorney fee award.
- Note: Most contingency fee cases require that no settlement is accepted unless Attorney’s normal hourly rate is paid unless:
- Client pays Attorney’s normal hourly rate.
- Attorney consents to a fee reduction
- Contingency fee percentages are lower for Clients who forward litigation costs.
Please call our office at (503) 238-1010 to arrange for a consultation.
Please don’t ask us for free legal advice. Multiple daily requests for free legal advice is a strain on our business. When our legal assistants have to spend a good portion of their day performing the non-paid task of telling people that we don’t give free legal advice, this affects our ability to pay our legal assistants a livable wage. Most people would never call a medical doctor’s office and demand that the medical doctor immediately speak with to them and make a diagnosis an immediate diagnosis over the phone without an examination and review of previous medical records. To render a legal opinion our attorneys need to review your rental agreement and all communications between you and your landlord and ask some questions. Lawyers, like medical, doctors can be sued for malpractice if they give advice below the standard of care. Thus, our lawyers responsibly meet with people and review all relevant documents prior to giving legal advice. After a review of your case, we can consider an alternate fee agreement.